Persecution is least easily received when from those you love. Yet continuing to love the persecutor is crucial to learning obedience, hence enjoying God’s love. Jesus learned obedience through the things he suffered at the hands of his own people for:
1. Healing on the Sabbath as well as other days.
2. Loving, not condemning, the nations.
3. Forgiving sin.
4. Not going through the ritual of cleansing off the “defilement of the world” for common meals.
5. Associating with sinners.
6. Clearing out the temple and condemning the temple hierarchy.
7. Acknowledging that he was the Son of God.
8. Receiving unfaithful followers.
If we follow Jesus in these, at some point, we will likely be persecuted. It will not be easy, but we can proceed in the confidence that Jesus has gone before us.
This year, join in praying for the persecuted church:
November 11, 2012. Vote for the Kingdom of God!