Monthly Archives: May 2020
Appearance Oriented – Attitude Oriented – Action Oriented
Been perfect – Becoming perfect – Be perfect or be gone.
Love one another
Compartments of worship – Complete worship – Complaining, not worship.
Issues of Sin
Delving into sin – Deliverance is of the Lord – Deliverance ministry.
Nature of Ministry
Express yourself – Experience God’s presence – Extend your hand.
Failure – Faithful – Fighter
Gifts – Giver – Giving
The Cross & Resurrection
Heretical Renderings – Historical Reality – Hysterical Ruin
Investigate the Author – Invested with Authority – Invest in Autocrats
View of God
Joking matter – Jesus Saves! – Judge
Kingdom of God
Kiss the son lavishly – Keep a simple faith – Kill Enemies
Lust – Love one another – Love as duty
Mean people cause it – Method of growth – Meaning of life
New Livelihood – New Life-Source – New Lifestyle
Position toward Christ
Original sin – Order restored – Original Sin
Please self. – Please God – Please men
Character of Worship
Quest – Quietness – Quick
Restore – Rest – Repent
Nature of righteousness
Surface – Solidity – Shallow
Dealing with Hurt
Tears away from other – Tears at sin – Tears up in pain
Unity of the Saints
Umbrella for any sinner – Understanding shared – Unique identities stressed
The Sovereignty of God
Vanquish the thought – Vanguard of the soul – Victory in behavior
Balancing the Way of the Lord
Walk in Unity – Worship God always – Witness to God’s glory
Nature of God’s Word
X out the unwanted parts – X-Ray exposing our hearts – Xerographic conservation
Cause of Joy
Yesterday’s strength – Yes, Today is the day – Yearning for tomorrow
Paths to choose from
Zoological worship – Zeal for the Lord – Zeroed out religion.
Look up the verses, with their context and answer the questions. In the NIV, the phrase, “one another” is in each of these passages.
1. Compassion from God. Exodus 25:20; 37:9 – The cherubim on the on the ark of the covenant were facing one another looking at the mercy seat. Why? What needs to be at the heart & center of our worship? Peter 1:12
2. Covenant. Genesis 26:31 – These two men covenant together and kept their word. What does it take for us to be faithful to one another?
3. Covering. Exodus 26:3; 26:5 – How can we be better fitted together as a people who worship the Lord?
4. Contracts. Leviticus 25:14 16-17, 46 – Does God care if we treat one another like slaves and our own personal servants? How should we deal with one another?
5. Confession. Genesis 42:21 – Have we failed any of our members? For example, letting them go to the wolves?
6. Communication. Leviticus 19:11 – How do we communicate with one another to preserve the community?
7. Complaining. Numbers 14:3-4 – What is your first reaction when you face challenges & promises from God that seem impossibly great?
8. Conspiracy. Genesis 11:3 – What did God want the people to do following the flood? What did they do instead? Are you working against God’s plan?
9. Confusion. Exodus 16:15 – What are things that we discuss among ourselves when we need to ask God?
10. Collapse. Leviticus 26:36-38 – What happens to the Lord’s people who face judgment because of rebellion?